Pueblo Customer Service Representative FT
Assist all customers coming into the Humane Society in an efficient and professional manner. Work cohesively with all departments of the organization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provide accurate information and friendly service to the public.
• Introduce possible adopters to their pet of interest.
• Answer questions and complete the adoption process.
• Assist customers wishing to drop off stray animals or those wishing to surrender pets, or euthanasia.
• Collect all fees and give correct change.
• Assist customers with lost and found issues.
• Take donations of food or supplies to the food storage area.
• Keep the Customer Service area clean and uncluttered.
• Process dog licenses.
• Process rentals of cat traps.
• Do ‘lock-up” procedures in the evening to ensure all entrances are locked, kennel lights are turned off and after-hour receiving kennels are set up.
• Take bite reports and advise customers of quarantine requirements. Submit bit information to the Bite Case Manager.
• Check the number of supplies. Notify a Supervisor if supplies are getting low.
• Report any problems with any customers that you feel cannot adequately handle to the Customer Service Manager or Assistant Manager.
• Always remain calm and courteous to all customers and co-workers.
• Provide humane care to all animals that enter the facility.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Skills / Requirements
Who Are We? The Only AAHA Accredited Shelter in Colorado!
Employment at the Humane Society of the Pikes Peak Region - Colorado
HSPPR is a nonprofit animal shelter serving El Paso, Pueblo, and Douglas County and the City of Centennial. We employ a total of 160 full and part-time employees. Employees must be 18 years of age, a drug test and background check are mandatory for employment. In addition to competitive salaries, we offer comprehensive benefits to our full-time staff members. They include:
Health Insurance 401K with employer matching at 5% of salary Dental and vision Insurance* Aflac Group Insurance* Short term disability Insurance Paid time off Holidays Direct Deposit (*) Employee pays full premium
The core values of the staff unite and guide us to provide the best service to the animals in our care, our organization and our community.
HSPPR Operating Values:
- Compassion: We believe that kindness and respect toward animals is an essential element in building a more humane and civil society. We work to elevate empathy and behavior in order to prevent animal cruelty, exploitation, and neglect.
- Stewardship: We will responsibly manage expenses and revenue, acting for the long-term greater good of the organization, conserving our resources and preserving our environment.
- Integrity: We encourage honest dialogue about issues and solutions. We are willing to explore all options and listen to all perspectives to arrive at the best decisions. We take responsibility for our behavior –every action counts.
- Excellence: We make a difference every day. We are committed to the safety and protection of people and animals. We foster a learning environment, encourage new ideas, and care enough to provide constructive feedback.
- Collaboration: We are united in the pursuit of our mission. We will be known as an organization that is inclusive, fair, and transparent. We expand and develop partnerships to further our mission.
• Must have high school diploma or GED.
• Three to six months customer service experience is preferred.
• Professional animal-handling experience is a plus.
Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Pay: from $12/hour
Job Status: Full Time