Operations Manager; Pueblo FT
In anticipation and contingent upon an expected pending contract to be awarded, we are seeking a highly qualified Operations Manager to directly manage/oversee the animal population within the shelter and the overall operations of the Animal Care and Customer Service departments for the facility located @ 4600 Eagleridge Place; Pueblo, CO 81008
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Manages the animal population, to include euthanasia decisions with the assistance of other HSPPR staff.
- Oversees coordination of animal transfers out of and into the shelter.
- Oversees the animal care programs and is responsible for safe and humane animal care.
- Oversees customer service programs to deliver a high level of service to external and internal customers.
- Evaluates animals and makes euthanasia decisions.
- Ensures all state and local animal care and sheltering requirements are met.
- Ensures all shelter areas are properly cleaned and in good repair.
- Works cooperatively with governmental agencies responsible for maintaining the facility & property.
- Analyzes disease control and animal handling procedures and makes improvements & changes when necessary.
- Works with Veterinary Services staff to formulate and implement disease control protocol, feeding schedules, medical and vaccination protocols to ensure proper care of shelter animals.
- Works with Behavior Program Manager to coordinate in-shelter animal evaluations, enrichment, training and modification.
- Assists with foster care program.
- Develops and maintains working relationships with other animal shelters, approved rescue organizations and rescue groups.
- Coordinates staff training & development.
- Keeps Associate Director informed of departmental progress, personnel concerns, etc.
- Supports and communicates with other departmental managers, working together to share information and resources.
- Commitment to the mission, values, goals and success of HSPPR.
- Appropriately documents observed animal behaviors utilizing objective language as required in relevant procedures and/or policies.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
Animal Care Supervisor, Customer Service Supervisor and Operations Supervisor
Skills / Requirements
Whom We Seek:
Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree or 3-4 years of directly related experience, and 2 years of supervisory / leadership experience in a shelter environment.
- Extensive knowledge of animal health, behavior, care and welfare.
- EBI (Euthanasia By Injection) certification required at time of hire or ability to obtain within 6 months.
- Proficient in major programs of Microsoft Office 365 such as Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook.
- Extensive experience in animal handling, including fractious animals, required.
- Advanced training and / or instruction in field of animal care preferred.
- Ability to use good judgment and flexibility when dealing with personnel, animal or management issues.
Who Are We? The Only AAHA Accredited Shelter in Colorado!
Employment at the Humane Society of the Pikes Peak Region - Colorado
HSPPR is a nonprofit animal shelter serving El Paso, Pueblo, and Douglas County and the City of Centennial. We employ a total of 160 full and part-time employees. Employees must be 18 years of age, a drug test and background check are mandatory for employment. In addition to competitive salaries, we offer comprehensive benefits to our full-time staff members. They include:
Health Insurance 401K with employer matching at 5% of salary Dental and vision Insurance* Aflac Group Insurance* Short term disability Insurance Paid time off Holidays Direct Deposit (*) Employee pays full premium
The core values of the staff unite and guide us to provide the best service to the animals in our care, our organization and our community.
HSPPR Operating Values:
Compassion: We believe that kindness and respect toward animals is an essential element in building a more humane and civil society. We work to elevate empathy and behavior in order to prevent animal cruelty, exploitation, and neglect.
Stewardship: We will responsibly manage expenses and revenue, acting for the long-term greater good of the organization, conserving our resources and preserving our environment.
Integrity: We encourage honest dialogue about issues and solutions. We are willing to explore all options and listen to all perspectives to arrive at the best decisions. We take responsibility for our behavior –every action counts.
Excellence: We make a difference every day. We are committed to the safety and protection of people and animals. We foster a learning environment, encourage new ideas, and care enough to provide constructive feedback.
Collaboration: We are united in the pursuit of our mission. We will be known as an organization that is inclusive, fair, and transparent. We expand and develop partnerships to further our mission.
Job Status: Full Time