Human Resources - Admin Support PT [20 hours per week] COS
The Human Resources [HR] Admin Support is responsible for a variety of basic personnel related clerical support duties associated with applicant recruitment, data input, filing, maintaining employment records, and basic functions relative to Human Resources internal/external customer service by performing the following duties:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
(Including but not limited to the following)
- Files hardcopy personnel records into appropriate personnel file.
- Assists with new hire orientation training.
- Maintains a minimum of 10 prepared new hire packets for new hire entry.
- Keep Workers Comp reports and records current
- Track and follow-up on employee benefits enrollments
- Answer general employee benefits related inquiries
- Commitment to the mission, values, goals and success of HSPPR.
- Perform other duties, as assigned and agreed.
Supervisory Duties: None
Skills / Requirements
Our ideal candidate will bring to HSPPR the following combination of skills, knowledge and experience:
Work cooperatively with all volunteers and recognize the talent and commitment they bring to HSPPR.
- Ensure a safe work environment; following all safety guidelines and modeling safe work practices.
- Take immediate action to address any safety concerns and that could put a staff member, volunteer, client, animal, or the organization at risk.
Material and Equipment Directly Used
Knowledge and ability of common computer software.
- Regularly sits at computer station.
- Must be able to lift a minimum of forty pounds with reasonable accommodations.
- Typically stands, bends, stoops and crouches.
- Consistently exposed to animals in the workplace and animal allergens under conditions with limited alternatives available.
- Periodically drives a HSPPR Vehicle to perform duties
- Occasional weekend and evening work.
Required to work occasional evenings.
- Have college degree (preferred) or formal training in animal-related field.
- Possess excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Have a passion for animals.
- Understand dogs, cats and small animals, as well as have first-hand experience with them.
- Have the ability and the confidence to work with all types of dogs, cats, and small animals when needed.
NOTE: The job description is only a summary of the typical functions of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks, and duties.
Who Are We? The Only AAHA Accredited Shelter in Colorado!
Employment at the Humane Society of the Pikes Peak Region - Colorado
HSPPR is a nonprofit animal shelter serving El Paso, Pueblo, and Douglas County and the City of Centennial. We employ a total of 160 full and part-time employees. Employees must be 18 years of age, a drug test and background check are mandatory for employment. In addition to competitive salaries, we offer comprehensive benefits to our full-time staff members. They include:
Health Insurance 401K with employer matching at 5% of salary Dental and vision Insurance* Aflac Group Insurance* Short term disability Insurance Paid time off Holidays Direct Deposit (*) Employee pays full premium
The core values of the staff unite and guide us to provide the best service to the animals in our care, our organization and our community.
HSPPR Operating Values
- Compassion: We believe that kindness and respect toward animals is an essential element in building a more humane and civil society. We work to elevate empathy and behavior in order to prevent animal cruelty, exploitation, and neglect.
- Stewardship: We will responsibly manage expenses and revenue, acting for the long-term greater good of the organization, conserving our resources and preserving our environment.
- Integrity: We encourage honest dialogue about issues and solutions. We are willing to explore all options and listen to all perspectives to arrive at the best decisions. We take responsibility for our behavior –every action counts.
- Excellence: We make a difference every day. We are committed to the safety and protection of people and animals. We foster a learning environment, encourage new ideas, and care enough to provide constructive feedback.
- Collaboration: We are united in the pursuit of our mission. We will be known as an organization that is inclusive, fair, and transparent. We expand and develop partnerships to further our mission.
Pay: from $16/hour
Job Status: Part Time