Digital Content Specialist FT - Colorado Springs
The Digital Content Specialist, a member of the Philanthropy team, is first and
foremost a storyteller for Humane Society of the Pikes Peak Region’s mission. They are
responsible for creatively increasing community visibility, promoting programs and
services, and generating donations using a wide variety of digital-focused content
The Digital Content Specialist is responsible for the design, creation, deployment, and
maintenance of HSPPR’s website, email campaigns, and other digital assets. This
position is also responsible for staying abreast of new technologies and innovative
ways to communicate across multiple content management systems. They will work
closely with the social media, fundraising, and events teams to help meet strategic
goals. Strong graphic design skills, including internal and external publications/
collateral, consistent with overall brand strategy and “feel” are required.
The Digital Content Specialist will gracefully manage last-minute changes in timelines
and scope within a fast-paced environment.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the functional integrity and maintenance of HSPPR’s website,
including updates and corrections, troubleshooting, and design-related work. A wide
degree of creativity and attention to detail is expected.
- Working closely with communications and fundraising staff, manage email marketing
program, including design, testing, segmentation, and list management.
- Maintain a calendar of digital content execution and monitor the performance of
marketing across digital platforms. Investigate, evaluate, and recommend digital
strategy. Use analytics to analyze data and drive change from the results.
- Serve as a point of contact for various content-providing departments across
multiple campuses in the development of new collateral, website updates, etc.
Collaborate with philanthropy team and third-party contractors to improve the
digital user’s experience and drive engagement.
- Manage Google Analytics reporting and other metrics. Provide social media support
as needed, including monitoring support and develop tools/applications to meet
- Execute established design direction as needed for a wide assortment of marketing
materials - both internal and external - including advertising, product literature,
event promotions, and other marketing collateral.
- Commitment to the mission, values, goals, and success of HSPPR.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
Supervisory Duties: none
Skills / Requirements
Our ideal candidate will bring to HSPPR the following combination of skills, knowledge and experience:
Passion for helping pets and people.
Bachelor's or technical degree required.
At least 2 years' experience designing/developing web-based applications and
experience a plus.
Functional knowledge of Google Analytics and capability to implement SEO best
Strong design skills (portfolio required). Expertise with Adobe design tools, including
Photoshop, Illustrator, etc. An eye for typography, whitespace, and other details. An
understanding of and adherence to brand standards.
Excellent written and verbal communication/presentation skills.
Highly motivated, organized, and detail oriented; a self-starter who can change
directions, quickly, prioritize, and take ownership of projects. Ability to hold oneself
accountable. Possess strong attention to detail.
Prior experience in a nonprofit fundraising environment preferred.
Experience using Raiser's Edge platform preferred.
Who Are We? The Only AAHA Accredited Shelter in Colorado!
Employment at the Humane Society of the Pikes Peak Region - Colorado
HSPPR is a nonprofit animal shelter serving El Paso, Pueblo, and Douglas County and the City of Centennial. We employ a total of 160 full and part-time employees. Employees must be 18 years of age, a drug test and background check are mandatory for employment. In addition to competitive salaries, we offer comprehensive benefits to our full-time staff members. They include:
Health Insurance 401K with employer matching at 5% of salary Dental and vision Insurance* Aflac Group Insurance* Short & Long term disability Insurance Paid time off Holidays Direct Deposit (*) Employee pays full premium
The core values of the staff unite and guide us to provide the best service to the animals in our care, our organization and our community.
HSPPR Operating Values:
- Compassion: We believe that kindness and respect toward animals is an essential element in building a more humane and civil society. We work to elevate empathy and behavior in order to prevent animal cruelty, exploitation, and neglect.
- Stewardship: We will responsibly manage expenses and revenue, acting for the long-term greater good of the organization, conserving our resources and preserving our environment.
- Integrity: We encourage honest dialogue about issues and solutions. We are willing to explore all options and listen to all perspectives to arrive at the best decisions. We take responsibility for our behavior –every action counts.
- Excellence: We make a difference every day. We are committed to the safety and protection of people and animals. We foster a learning environment, encourage new ideas, and care enough to provide constructive feedback.
- Collaboration: We are united in the pursuit of our mission. We will be known as an organization that is inclusive, fair, and transparent. We expand and develop partnerships to further our mission.
Pay: $18.50 to $20.61/hour
Job Status: Full Time