Customer Service Representative - Veterinary Clinic
full-time - Colorado Springs, CO
This position is responsible for representing the Surgery Center in a professional and courteous manner by communicating effectively with the public regarding our services related to the donor subsidized spay/neuter program, public vaccination program, post-adoption related services, and other public veterinary services.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides accurate information and friendly professional service to the public by handling the drop offs coming in for surgery in the mornings and evening post-operative pick-ups.
- Explains risks of anesthesia, nature of the procedure being done and has client sign paperwork, pay for the procedure, and make arrangements for picking up later in the day.
- Handles scheduling, data entry and intake and discharge procedures for all incoming public surgeries and vaccination appointments through the Chameleon and Acuity software programs. Financial transactions will also be handled and tracked on a daily basis.
- Medical documentation, client communication and education regarding surgical procedures and other medical conditions.
- Answers phone calls and returns messages regarding scheduling and services. Also handles reminder calls and follow-up calls for clients regarding surgery appointments.
- Explains post-operative care instructions, nature of the procedure done and answers questions, as needed.
- Helps in the Surgery Center where needed to promote efficiency and excellent patient care.
- Handles all public vaccination appointments including paperwork, payment, and administering vaccinations.
- Trains and works with volunteers to support the vaccination program and other administrative duties.
- Experience and medical knowledge base to appropriately direct questions, triage inquiries and to provide sound medical advice to the public.
- Commitment to the mission, values, goals and success of HSPPR.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
Schedule may include weekend and holiday work.
Skills / Requirements
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED).
- One year of customer service experience, preferably in a full-service veterinary hospital or equivalent related experience. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills as well as flexibility and the ability to multitask in a high paced environment are required.
- Bi-lingual - english/spanish desired
Who Are We? The first of only two AAHA accredited shelters in Colorado!
Employment at the Humane Society of the Pikes Peak Region - Colorado
HSPPR is a nonprofit animal shelter serving El Paso, Pueblo, and Douglas Counties as well as the City of Centennial. We employ a total of 200+ employees. We are an organization that celebrates and prioritizes diversity and inclusion. A drug test and background check are mandatory for employment.
In addition to competitive salaries, we offer comprehensive benefits to our full-time staff.
Health Insurance ~~ 401K with employer matching up to 4% of salary ~~ Dental and vision* Insurances ~~ Supplemental Group Insurance* ~~ Short and long term disability Insurance ~~ Paid time off ~~ Holidays ~~ Direct Deposit ~~ Personal Pet Perks
(*) Employee pays the full premium
The Humane Society of the Pikes Peak Region is a Public Service Loan Forgiveness qualified employer. To learn more about this program, go to https://studentaid.ed.gov/sa/.
The core values of the staff unite us and guide us to provide the best service to the animals in our care, our organization, and our community.
Core Values Statements-
- Compassion: We believe that animals matter. We are committed to treating animals and people with kindness, respect and compassion.
- Stewardship: We are accountable and transparent in our actions and in the use of our resources to build trust in those we serve.
- Integrity: We believe we can make the greatest impact by staying true to our mission, always doing what is best for the animals and people of our community, and by standing united in our decisions.
- Excellence: We are passionate about our mission, and strive for excellence through continual learning, innovation and the development of our board, staff and volunteers.
- Collaboration: We seek strategic partnerships and alliances to advance the welfare and protection of animals and people.
- Service: We exist to serve our communities and operate with this commitment to serve as front and center in all we do.
Pay: from $15/hour
Job Status: Full Time