Full-time position in Development Department reporting to Events Manager and assisting Grants & Corporate Giving Manager. Responsible for managing event specific sponsorships, small event coordination, PAS Whisker Ball and assistance with HSPPR signature events.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Administer event specific (Fur Ball, Whisker Ball and Pawtoberfest) Sponsorship Program in support of annual fundraising events to include: helping to develop collateral, prospecting, securing commitments and fulfillment.
- Collaborate with Communications Department and Events Manager to ensure fulfillment of sponsorship benefits.
- Utilize professional networking using LinkedIn and other professional sites to maximize business partnerships and promotion of sponsorship benefits. Attend networking events, join networking organizations and promote the support of HSPPR via these networks.
- Attend event committee meetings to engage members to recruit new sponsors, vendors etc.
Business and Corporate Relations
- Assists with third-party fundraising activities.
- Assists with and coordinates community events.
- Assist events manager with recruitment and management of special event volunteers (internal and external). Specifically, create and update volunteer job descriptions, meet with and direct volunteer point persons, provide volunteer training, and pre-event communications. Also, serve as the event day coordinator of volunteers.
- Vendor solicitation/recruitment for Pawtoberfest, including beverage partners and business vendors.
- Recruitment and development of corporate partners and teams for Pawtoberfest.
- Steward event specific sponsors/vendors pre-, post- and during the event.
- Manage and staff Happy Tails Happy Hours with the goal of expanding partnerships.
- Coordinate PAS Whisker Ball with Friends of PAS committee.
- Assist with other special event duties as assigned.
Skills / Requirements
Who Are We? The Only AAHA Accredited Shelter in Colorado!
Employment at the Humane Society of the Pikes Peak Region - Colorado
HSPPR is a nonprofit animal shelter serving El Paso, Pueblo, and Douglas County and the City of Centennial. We employ a total of 180+ full and part-time employees.
The core values of the staff unite and guide us to provide the best service to the animals in our care, our organization and our community.
HSPPR Operating Values
- Compassion: We believe that kindness and respect toward animals is an essential element in building a more humane and civil society. We work to elevate empathy and behavior in order to prevent animal cruelty, exploitation, and neglect.
- Stewardship: We will responsibly manage expenses and revenue, acting for the long-term greater good of the organization, conserving our resources and preserving our environment.
- Integrity: We encourage honest dialogue about issues and solutions. We are willing to explore all options and listen to all perspectives to arrive at the best decisions. We take responsibility for our behavior –every action counts.
- Excellence: We make a difference every day. We are committed to the safety and protection of people and animals. We foster a learning environment, encourage new ideas, and care enough to provide constructive feedback.
- Collaboration: We are united in the pursuit of our mission. We will be known as an organization that is inclusive, fair, and transparent. We expand and develop partnerships to further our mission.
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE will display and provide for HSPPR :
- High school graduate.
- One year of experience in fundraising, sales, marketing, customer service or a related field (or college degree in related field).
- Experience with volunteer and event management preferred.
- Computer expertise and efficiency with Word, Excel, PowerPoint and the Internet.
- Working knowledge of Raiser's Edge desired.
- Strong organizational and time management – attention to detail and accuracy.
- Excellent written communication skills.
- Commitment to enhancing the lives of vulnerable companion animals.
- A proven record of working cooperatively and flexibly as part of a team.
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal communication skills with ability to act in a mature and professional manner with donors and board members.
- Ability to multi-task, set priorities, and maintain positive attitude at times of increased workload.
Pay: from $15/hour
DOE. In addition to competitive salaries, we offer comprehensive benefits to our full-time staff members. They include: Health Insurance 401K with employer matching at 5% of salary Dental and vision Insurance* Aflac Group Insurance* Short term disability Insurance Paid time off Holidays Direct Deposit (*) Employee pays full premium
Job Status: Full Time