Development Specialist - TEMP ASSIGNMENT - COS
Primarily responsible for administrative support of the HSPPR and PAS fundraising program and implementation of annual fundraising strategic plan. Specific areas of work include: responding to donor inquiries, donation processing & gift acknowledgement, and database management. Reports to the Annual Giving Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Process online, mail, walk-in, in-kind and recurring monthly gifts for both locations.
Serve as the primary contact for the facilitation of various types of donations including: in-kind donations, vehicle donations, Kind Kid donations, tribute giving and recurring gifts.
Correspond daily with donors and respond to inquiries and requests.
Maintain Raiser’s Edge database system, including inputting new donors and updating existing data to keep records as current as possible.
Reconcile all donations processed through the development department daily. Generate reports to compare with finance department and match daily deposit amounts.
Implement a system and process all reservations and registrations for Fur Ball, Pawtoberfest and Kids Camps.
Manage the HSPPR Employee Giving Campaign, including ordering incentives, preparing literature, coordinating with department leaders to implement plans and distributing information to employees. Prepare payroll data for finance department and attend New Employee Orientations twice per month to solicit new donors. Track campaign progress and coordinate fulfillment of funded programs.
Attend and assist with special event preparation and attend necessary meetings.
Maintain filing system for hard copies of gifts and batch entry.
Participate in weekly mail processing with finance department.
Import gifts from customer service into Raiser’s Edge database and send acknowledgements daily.
Review lock box donations and send acknowledgments daily.
Assist as administrative receptionist; greet visitors and refer customers/guests appropriately.
Perform all other duties as assigned
Supervisory Duties - None
Who Are We? The Only Shelter in Colorado AAHA accredited!
Employment at the Humane Society of the Pikes Peak Region - Colorado
HSPPR is a nonprofit animal shelter serving El Paso, Pueblo, and Douglas County and the City of Centennial. We employ a total of 160+ full and part-time employees. Employees must be 18 years of age, a drug test and background check are mandatory for employment. In addition to competitive salaries, we offer comprehensive benefits to our full-time staff members. They include:
Health Insurance 401K with employer matching at 5% of salary Dental and vision Insurance* Aflac Group Insurance* Short term disability Insurance Paid time off Holidays Direct Deposit (*) Employee pays full premium
The core values of the staff unite and guide us to provide the best service to the animals in our care, our organization and our community.
HSPPR Operating Values:
- Compassion: We believe that kindness and respect toward animals is an essential element in building a more humane and civil society. We work to elevate empathy and behavior in order to prevent animal cruelty, exploitation, and neglect.
- Stewardship: We will responsibly manage expenses and revenue, acting for the long-term greater good of the organization, conserving our resources and preserving our environment.
- Integrity: We encourage honest dialogue about issues and solutions. We are willing to explore all options and listen to all perspectives to arrive at the best decisions. We take responsibility for our behavior –every action counts.
- Excellence: We make a difference every day. We are committed to the safety and protection of people and animals. We foster a learning environment, encourage new ideas, and care enough to provide constructive feedback.
- Collaboration: We are united in the pursuit of our mission. We will be known as an organization that is inclusive, fair, and transparent. We expand and develop partnerships to further our mission.
Pay: from $15/hour
Salary is DOE and assignment is extimated to run around 12-15 weeks. Schedule Requirements - Schedule may include weekend and holiday work.
Job Status: Full Time,Contract/Temporary