Customer Service Representative - FT Pueblo
Assist all customers coming into the Humane Society in an efficient and professional manner. Work cohesively with all departments of the organization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provide accurate information and friendly service to the public.
• Introduce possible adopters to their pet of interest.
• Answer questions and complete the adoption process.
• Assist customers wishing to drop off stray animals or those wishing to surrender pets, or euthanasia.
• Collect all fees and give correct change.
• Assist customers with lost and found issues.
• Take donations of food or supplies to the food storage area.
• Keep the Customer Service area clean and uncluttered.
• Process dog licenses.
• Process rentals of cat traps.
• Do ‘lock-up” procedures in the evening to ensure all entrances are locked, kennel lights are turned off and after-hour receiving kennels are set up.
• Take bite reports and advise customers of quarantine requirements. Submit bit information to the Bite Case Manager.
• Check the number of supplies. Notify a Supervisor if supplies are getting low.
• Report any problems with any customers that you feel cannot adequately handle to the Customer Service Manager or Assistant Manager.
• Always remain calm and courteous to all customers and co-workers.
• Provide humane care to all animals that enter the facility.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Skills / Requirements
Who Are We? The First of Only Two AAHA Accredited Shelters in Colorado!
Employment at the Humane Society of the Pikes Peak Region - Colorado
HSPPR is a nonprofit animal shelter serving El Paso, Pueblo, and Douglas County and the City of Centennial. We employ almost 200 full and part-time employees. Employees must be 18 years of age, a drug test and background check are mandatory for employment. In addition to competitive salaries, we offer comprehensive benefits to our full-time staff members. They include:
Health Insurance 401K with employer matching at 5% of salary Dental and vision Insurance* Supplemental Group Insurance* Short & long term disability Insurance Paid time off Sick Pay Holidays Direct Deposit (*) Employee pays full premium
The core values of the staff unite and guide us to provide the best service to the animals in our care, our organization and our community.
HSPPR CORE Values:
• Compassion: We believe that animals matter. We are committed to treating animals and people with kindness, respect and compassion.
• Stewardship: We are accountable and transparent in our actions and in the use of our resources to build trust in those we serve.
• Integrity: We believe we can make the greatest impact by staying true to our mission, always doing what is best for the animals and people of our community, and standing united in our decisions.
• Excellence: We are passionate about our mission, and strive for excellence through continual learning, innovation and the development of our board, staff and volunteers.
• Collaboration: We seek strategic partnerships and alliances to advance the welfare and protection of animals and people.
Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Pay: from $13.50/hour
Job Status: Full Time