Customer Service Admissions Supervisor - COS
In anticipation of and contingent upon the signing of a Pueblo Animal Care Contract with the City and County of Pueblo, we are seeking a Customer Service Admissions Supervisor to assist all customers coming into the Humane Society in an efficient and professional manner by working alongside and overseeing the work of the customer service admissions and reclaim, lost and found, and call center staff. This is a working supervisor position. Work cohesively with all departments of the organization and promote HSPPR values.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain a regular presence on the intake/receiving floor to provide staff support, to ensure that staff members are in place, to ensure transactions are handled smoothly and efficiently, and to ensure that quality customer service is being delivered at all times.
- Routinely act as an Admissions Customer Service Representative.
- Maintain knowledge base of Adoption Customer Service Representative duties. Admissions Supervisor may be required to assist in Adoptions when there are staff shortages in the department.
- Provide accurate information and friendly service to the public.
- Oversee work flow and foresee problematic transactions prior to the need for escalation and act accordingly.
- Keep the Admissions and Lost & Found customer service area clean, uncluttered, and stocked.
- Call on last day of "Owner Notify" on a daily basis and document all attempts thoroughly. Remove animals from hold when needed and follow up with affected departments.
- Ensure the return of animals to their rightful owners and answer questions regarding reclaim fees when required.
- Maintain V-slips and oversee the Customer Service aspect of off-site veterinary records, transfers, and intake.
- Assist local veterinarians and ER clinics with animal admissions when needed.
- Oversee all aspects of the lost and found program, including daily owner notify reports, euthanasia, and sick/injured lists as required.
- When required, set up “direct to surgery” animals in the surgery center. Ensure that surgery animals are properly documented in Chameleon and scheduled.
- Assist in maintaining the CS Admissions, Lost and Found, and CS Call Taker training manual.
- Make supervisory level decisions regarding: the intake type and status of animals including OS vs. OS for euthanasia, fee adjustments and payment plans, and other difficult customer service decisions.
- Follow up on complicated bite cases to ensure that they are properly processed by the Admissions department.
- Report customer relations issues that require escalation to the Customer Service Manager.
- Always remain calm and courteous to all customers, co-workers and animals.
- Document staff and customer complaints and provide feedback to the CS Manager.
- Handle complaints and/or concerns from customers with professionalism and good judgment. Involve CS Manager and/or Vice President when necessary.
- Monitor workload in Admissions area as well as in Adoption area and work with Adoption Supervisor to adjust schedules and staffing levels to meet quality customer service standards and the needs of the department.
- Conduct department staff meetings in the absence of the Customer Service Manager.
- Commitment to the mission, values, goals and success of HSPPR
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Is visible to staff, communications with Vice-President and CEO on significant developments within the department.
- Attends necessary meetings.
- Communications pertinent information to staff, managers and directors and ensures that department supervisors are communicating effectively with line staff.
- Communicates and problem-solves with other department managers.
- Ensures that policies and procedures are being followed.
- Develops new ideas with staff.
- Supports management and discusses differences privately.
Encourages the use of volunteers and the solicitation of monetary and in-kind donations whenever possible.
Works closely with management to ensure that the department operates within constraints of annual budget.
- Utilizes performance-based management when counseling and evaluating staff and sets measurable goals for employee growth.
- Submits evaluations on time and encourages continuing education for staff as it relates to the organization’s needs.
- Recognizes good performance and counsels staff to correct problems.
Is flexible with scheduling.
- Be vigilant and able to handle internal and external conflict. Work with Customer Service Manager to resolve conflict and promote open communication between co-workers, management, and the public.
- Solicit employee input and, if appropriate, implement decisions affecting their work and work place.
- Provide feedback and coaching to CS staff regarding minor disciplinary actions and document and report the feedback to the CS Manager and the HR Manager.
- Oversee training of new Representatives and provide feedback regarding status of training to the Customer Service Manager.
- Oversee training of new Admissions and Call Center volunteers and provide feedback and status updates regarding volunteers to the Customer Service Manager and to the Volunteer Services Manager.
- In conjunction with the Volunteer Services Manager, provide coaching and feedback to Admissions and Call Center volunteers.
- When required, open the CS cash and reconcile receipt discrepancies to ensure financial transparency and ethics.
- When required, perform “lock up” procedure in the evening to ensure all entrances are locked and kennel lights are turned off.
- Assist the Customer Service Manager by providing feedback on policies and procedures that affect the CS department.
- Assist the Customer Service Manager with payroll approval when needed.
- Assist in hiring decisions by providing feedback and participating in the interview process.
- In the absence of the Customer Service Manager, manage 1st report of injury reports.
- Provide feedback to staff regarding activity levels, donation levels, and email capture levels.
- Provide input for, and assist Customer Service Manager with, staff performance evaluation reviews.
- Participate in leadership and management meetings and committees as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Degree in related field or completion of sufficient coursework to successfully perform the required duties of the position and equivalent of three (3) years paid full time progressively responsible related paid experience or any equivalent combination of education and paid experience working with animals in a kennel, shelter, or veterinary hospital.
- One year experience as staff supervisor required.
- Advanced training and/or instruction in the field of animal care preferred. Equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be considered.
- EBI (Euthanasia by Injection) certification required at time of hire or ability to obtain within 12 months of hire.
- Must be able to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Experience with Microsoft Office and Chameleon a plus.
- Possess the ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers and/or co-workers.
- Ability to add and subtract.
- Ability to apply common sense and understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
- Ability to manage problems involving several variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to apply critical thinking to a situation in an effort to apply the best possible solution/outcome.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Ability to obtain EBI (Euthanasia by Injection) certification within 12 months of hire
- CO Driver’s license is highly desired.
Ability to push, pull and/or lift 50lbs. Mandatory drug testing with a negative result. The skill to handle physically, mentally, and emotionally stressful work. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.The core values of the staff unite and guide us to provide the best service to the animals in our care, our organization and our community.
HSPPR Operating Values:
- Compassion: We believe that kindness and respect toward animals is an essential element in building a more humane and civil society. We work to elevate empathy and behavior in order to prevent animal cruelty, exploitation, and neglect.
- Stewardship: We will responsibly manage expenses and revenue, acting for the long-term greater good of the organization, conserving our resources and preserving our environment.
- Integrity: We encourage honest dialogue about issues and solutions. We are willing to explore all options and listen to all perspectives to arrive at the best decisions. We take responsibility for our behavior –every action counts.
- Excellence: We make a difference every day. We are committed to the safety and protection of people and animals. We foster a learning environment, encourage new ideas, and care enough to provide constructive feedback.
- Collaboration: We are united in the pursuit of our mission. We will be known as an organization that is inclusive, fair, and transparent. We expand and develop partnerships to further our mission.
Pay: from $15.50/hour
Job Status: Full Time