Call Center Administrative Support Specialist
Assist all Humane Society customers in an efficient and professional manner, primarily those requiring assistance by phone. The Call Center Administrative Support Specialist will answer incoming calls for both the Colorado Springs shelter and the Pueblo Shelter. They will answer questions for the public when possible and transfer calls to the appropriate department or individual when necessary. The Call Center Administrative Support Specialist will work cohesively with all departments of the organization.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides accurate and timely information to HSPPR customers by phone. Will be responsible for incoming and outbound calls in this capacity.
- Live answer internal and external calls. Respond to any calls that go to voicemail within 2 hours.
- Provides accurate and timely information to HSPPR customers in person when needed.
- Maintains an up-to-date knowledge of Adoption and Admissions Customer Service Representative procedures at both the Colorado Springs and Pueblo locations.
- Assists HSPPR customers with interpretation and understanding of general operating procedures and continually promotes responsible pet ownership.
- Maintains current knowledge of HSPPR general operating procedures so that incoming calls are resolved by the Call Center Administrative Support Representative whenever possible.
- When unable to resolve incoming inquiries, transfers to the appropriate person/department.
- Understands and promotes Humane Society programs, services and development.
- Obtains and carefully documents all essential information in animal and/or person records for review by other departments when needed.
- Communicates clearly and concisely.
- Remains calm and courteous to all customers, co-workers and animals.
- Handle complaints or customer concerns with professionalism and good judgment. Involve Call Center Administrative Support Team Lead or Call Center Manager when necessary.
- Communicates all issues to the Call Center Administrative Support Team Leader or Call Center Manager.
- Anticipate difficult situations before they arise and deal with them accordingly.
- Act as a role model for the department
- Keep Call Center and Dispatch areas, clean, clutter free and stocked.
- Assists Customer Service Department with lost and found, notify owner, sick/injured list, and due out report duties as assigned.
- Provide appropriate and constructive feedback to other Call Center Administrative Support Specialists on a peer-to-peer level.
- Assist community partners (veterinarians, ER clinics, crematory) with animal receiving and/or disposition issues as needed.
- Assist with training new Call Center volunteers. Provide Call Center Administrative Support Team Lead, Call Center Manager, and Volunteer Services Manager with volunteer progress reports and updates as needed. Be willing to provide volunteers with appropriate and constructive feedback if required.
- Maintain professionalism (attendance, punctuality, dress, actions, and speech) in all internal and external interactions.
- Provide compassionate care and services for customers in various emotional states. Provide grief counseling resources as needed.
- Commitment to the mission, values, goals and success of HSPPR
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
Skills / Requirements
- Six months of customer service experience and high level of proficiency and accuracy utilizing Chameleon software and in department policy and procedure is preferred.
- Must be able to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Experience with Microsoft Office and Chameleon a plus.
- Possess the ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers and/or co-workers.
- Ability to add and subtract.
- Ability to apply common sense and understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
- Ability to manage problems involving several variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to apply critical thinking to a situation in an effort to apply the best possible solution/outcome.
- Must be self-motivated, intuitive, and have excellent time management skills.
Who Are We? The first of only two AAHA accredited shelters in Colorado!
Employment at the Humane Society of the Pikes Peak Region - Colorado
HSPPR is a nonprofit animal shelter serving El Paso, Pueblo, and Douglas Counties as well as the City of Centennial. We employ a total of 200+ employees. We are an organization that celebrates and prioritizes diversity and inclusion. A drug test and background check are mandatory for employment.
In addition to competitive salaries, we offer comprehensive benefits to our full-time staff.
Health Insurance ~~ 401K with employer matching up to 4% of salary ~~ Dental and vision* Insurances ~~ Supplemental Group Insurance* ~~ Short and long term disability Insurance ~~ Paid time off ~~ Holidays ~~ Direct Deposit ~~ Personal Pet Perks
(*) Employee pays the full premium
The Humane Society of the Pikes Peak Region is a Public Service Loan Forgiveness qualified employer. To learn more about this program, go to https://studentaid.ed.gov/sa/.
The core values of the staff unite us and guide us to provide the best service to the animals in our care, our organization, and our community.
Core Values Statements-
- Compassion: We believe that animals matter. We are committed to treating animals and people with kindness, respect and compassion.
- Stewardship: We are accountable and transparent in our actions and in the use of our resources to build trust in those we serve.
- Integrity: We believe we can make the greatest impact by staying true to our mission, always doing what is best for the animals and people of our community, and standing united in our decisions.
- Excellence: We are passionate about our mission, and strive for excellence through continual learning, innovation and the development of our board, staff and volunteers.
- Collaboration: We seek strategic partnerships and alliances to advance the welfare and protection of animals and people.
Pay: from $14.80/hour
Job Status: Full Time